Britons are saving less money or waiting to buy a house because of hopes of a legacy windfall. Over 5 million UK adults have adjusted their financial plans as a result of what they expect to inherit, which is like playing 'inheritance roulette' warns Canada Life. According to the figures released by the firm, 15% of UK adults aged between 16 and 54 - or more than 5 million adults - have decided their next financial steps based on inheritance expectations. The most significant alterations have been made to saving plans and property purchases. As a result of what they expect to inherit,...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes