Kansas-based Mariner Wealth Advisors has agreed to purchase SMS Capital Management, a wealth manager based in Houston. Founded in 2004, SMS has more than $110m in assets under management. It's led by founder and principal Steven Sheldon, who remains with the company. "We are incredibly excited to have made a second acquisition in the Houston area," Mariner CEO Marty Bicknell said in a release. "Steven and his associate are the perfect complement to the team we already have in Houston. This was a natural fit, given we share the same philosophy of putting clients first by providing comp...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes