The Channel Island of Guernsey has been lauded by the United States' FBI for its efforts to combat financial crime and praised in particular the "immense value" of the Crown Dependency's information sharing system. A deputy assistant director at the FBI, Steven M. d'Antuono, said information exchange agreements with the Crown Dependencies were a prime example of how to effectively fight cybercrime and financial crime more widely. He made the comments while appearing before a US Senate committee. According to the Guernsey Press, d'Antuono told the committee: "The United Kingdom has ena...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes