The new equity includes reinvestment by Tikehau Capital Advisors' founders and managers, who will remain controlling shareholders in the firm with more than 60% of its share capital, as well as additional commitments from existing institutional partners: Temasek, FFP and MACSF. The firm also welcomes an investment vehicle of North Haven Tactical Value, managed by a team within Morgan Stanley Investment Management, as a new shareholder in connection with this transaction.
The proceeds of this share capital increase will be used for corporate general purposes and to support Tikehau Capital SCA's plans for expansion and growth.
Tikehau Capital is an asset management and investment group with €22.4bn of assets under management (as of 31 March 2019) and shareholders' equity of €2.3bn (as of 31 December 2018).
Tikehau Capital Advisors is the principal shareholder of Tikehau Capital SCA which, as of 31 December 2018, held 29.7% of its capital and voting rights and all of the share capital and voting rights of its Manager-General Partner, Tikehau Capital General Partner.
Tikehau Capital Advisors combines the central functions on which the Manager relies for the performance of its duties on behalf of Tikehau Capital SCA and the group. Its main activity is the acquisition, holding and management of any type of equity interests and securities. As of 31 December 2018, Tikehau Capital Advisors' shareholders' equity is split between certain of the managers and founders of Tikehau Capital, who together hold 75.9% of the shareholders' equity and voting rights of Tikehau Capital Advisors, and a group of institutional shareholders: Crédit Mutuel Arkéa, FFP, MACSF and Temasek, who together hold the remaining 24.1%.