Vietnam is the best-placed frontier market to prosper over the coming years, according to T. Rowe Price portfolio manager Oliver Bell, as he flags three factors likely to drive performance of the asset class over the remainder of 2019. Bell, who runs the $276.3m Frontier Markets Equity SICAV, believes various elections, specific countries advancing into the MSCI 'emerging markets' classification and geopolitical developments will be the primary factors to watch. In a recent note, he said: "In 2018, Argentina was mired in a crisis, Saudi Arabia struggled with foreign investor percept...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes