Malta tougher pension rules which stipulates that advisers must be regulated in the jurisdiction where their client is based are soon to be enforced, a move that will affect tens of thousands of British savers. The new rules, to be enforced on 1 July 2019 according to the Malta Financial Services Authority (MSFA), will impact the way in which pension trustees administer both new scheme applications and existing members on a number of levels. deVere Group estimates that in the UK alone, around 30,000 UK pensions have already transferred into a Malta-based Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pe...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes