South Africa is preparing to restrict the number of critical skills eligible for work permits issued to expats, a move foreign workers fear could push them out of the country. The changes to South Africa's critical skills list expected to be published imminently. If the unofficial draft list circulating among foreign workers, marked "draft confidential" in a copy obtained by International Investment, is any indication of what is to come, the move will have significant implications for companies operating in skills shortage areas. Bonang Mohale, chief executive of Business Leadership S...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes