Santander and Crédit Agricole plan to merge custody and asset servicing arms

Eugenia Jiménez
clock • 1 min read

Spain's Banco Santander and France's Crédit Agricole have announced their plans to merge their custody and asset servicing operations to create a business that could have around €3.34bn of assets under custody.   Santander Bank said in a joint statement the new business would have €1.83bn in assets under administration forming a truly global player with enhanced growth prospects. Crédit Agricole will own 69.5% of the merged unit and Santander will hold the remaining 30.5%. The majority stake taken by the French bank will keep the brand name of its existing asset management arm Caceis....

To continue reading this article...

Join International Investment

Join International Investment today

Unlock members-only benefits:

  • Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
  • Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
  • Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
  • Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
  • Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
  • Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
  • Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes

Join now


Already a International Investment member?


More on Multi-asset