Guernsey's financial services regulator has signed a memorandum of understanding with the UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to ensure market access for Guernsey investment funds into the UK after Brexit. Guernsey has a market access agreement with the 28 Member States of the European Union under the EU's Alternative Investment Fund Managers' Directive. The agreement was made and signed with the European securities regulator, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). Once the UK leaves the European Union, expected at the end of this month, it will cease to be a signato...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes