The number of over-45s seeking professional estate planning advice has soared in the last year as confusion over inheritance tax (IHT) rules continues, according to Canada Life's 2019 IHT Monitor. Four in five (80%) over-45s believe the current IHT rules are too complicated, up slightly from 77% last year. At the same time, more than two fifths (42%) say they have sought professional estate planning advice - a sharp increase from the 32% of over-45s who said the same in 2018. In January 2018, the Chancellor ordered a wide-ranging review of the inheritance tax system by the Office o...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes