The UAE is looking to "enhance and improve" the end-of-service benefits awarded to employees to help companies attract and retain talent and ensure firms can adequately fund the liability, according to the government. Studies are being carried out to improve the current system, which could include a combination of an enhanced gratuity system and private sector employee savings schemes in a bid to boost employee benefits and the wider economy, Abdulrahman Al Awar, director general of the Federal Authority for Government Human Resources, said. Al Awar said the government was exploring "...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes