Geneva based fintech Mt Pelerin has successfully closed its first stage of funding with 5% of its tokenised equity sold to the crowd. On 16 October 2018, Mt Pelerin Group was incorporating 100% of its share-equity on the blockchain in the form of tokens. This achievement drew the attention of experts as it was the first time the shares of a company were incorporated into a token and made indissociable from it. Token holders could now be recognised as shareholders by Swiss law and not by contractual agreement. With this new tool, Mt Pelerin has been able to sell without any intermediar...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes