The UK and Switzerland are to continue to trade freely within the insurance sector post-Brexit, as both countries inked a deal at the World Economic Forum in Davos . According to HM Treasury, the new arrangement copies the current EU agreement with Switzerland and will come into force when UK exits the EU. The chancellor of the exchequer, Phillip Hammond, and the president of the Swiss confederation and head of the federal department of finance, Ueli Maurer, signed the deal The move follows on from the UK and the USA agreeing a text in December designed to ensure the insurance and re...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes