British MEPs from across the political divide have called on the EU to "ring-fence" citizens' rights after the UK leaves the EU as the country is yet to agree on a Brexit exit strategy. Britain's 25 EU MPs have sent a letter to all EU ministers setting out their concerns that both EU citizens in the UK and Britons living in EU member states are at risk from changes to the guarantees of rights now being given by a number of EU countries as well as the UK. The authors of the letter say the present guarantees are no more than piecemeal legislation able to be reversed or adjusted at any t...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes