American lender Citi said it is eyeing a greater pie of the Indian wealth management business, concentrating both on the domestic opportunity as well as non-resident Indians (NRIs). It has made two senior level appointments in pursuit of this: Varun Chugh was named global market manager for the 'global India' business and Puneet Sanwalka as head of India onshore business. The bank said several prominent Indian families have recently acquired residential and commercial real estate properties in the United Kingdom through financing from Citi Private Bank. Quoting from a report by a ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes