Natixis has announced the finalisation of the acquisition of Leonardo & Co.’s activities in France from Italian group Banca Leonardo. Leonardo & Co., an investment bank specialised in mergers and acquisitions, will now operate under the Natixis Partners brand.
Natixis Partners will be specialised in delivering M&A advisory services for private equity groups and mid-cap clients. The team which is composed of 25 investment bankers and managed by Patrick Maurel, advises clients on more than thirty transactions a year.
“The creation of Natixis Partners is a significant milestone in the rollout of the New Frontier strategic plan and reinforces Natixis’ status as a core bank for midcaps in France both in financing and M&A advisory,” Natixis asserts in a press release.
Natixis has a 75% share in its new subsidiary’s capital and the remaining 25% will be detained by the partners of the new entity.
Marc Vincent, who is leading Natixis investment banking activities since 2012, has been appointed as chairman of Natixis Partners’ board.