The eurozone industrial producer prices fell by 0.4% in October compared with the previous month, according to estimates from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.
On a year-on-year basis, prices decreased even more by 1.3% in the whole area.
According to Eurostat, the 0.4% decrease was due to falls of 0.9% in the energy sector, of 0.6% for non-durable consumer goods and of 0.1% for intermediate goods, while prices rose by 0.1% for both capital goods and durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy decreased by 0.2%.
Industrial producer prices fell in nearly all member states, with the largest decreases observed in Denmark (-2.3%), Estonia, Greece and the United Kingdom (all -1.4%) and the Netherlands (-1.2%), and the only increases in Bulgaria (+1.3%), Belgium (+0.5%) and Sweden (+0.3%), while prices remained stable in Cyprus, Malta and Slovenia.