Latest developments in and around Cyprus are being made available via InvestmentEurope's Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/InvEurope.
Latest developments in and around Cyprus are being made available via InvestmentEurope’s Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/InvEurope.
InvestmentEurope’s handle is @InvEurope.
For further feeds follow the hashtag #Cyprus.
Latest developments today include:
– Warnings that queues are forming again around ATMs in the country
– Governments such as the UK’s issuing formal warnings about financial trouble for visitors to Cyprus
– Suggestions that Russia may be negotiating a naval base in addition to access to gas fields as the price for lending money
– Ongoing significant criticism from the financial industry, academics and non-EU governments (chiefly Russia) over the way the ECB, Eurogroup, and European Commission have handled the situation
– Fears that banks may only have ‘hours’ to find a solution or face collapse…but contradictory views about whether a collapse in the country’s financial system would prove systemically catastrophic for the wider eurozone