UBS has licensed the MSCI UK IMI Extended SRI Index for the sixth in a series of socially responsible ETFs. The series tracks the MSCI Global Socially Responsible (SRI) Index family covering both emerging and developed markets:
- UBS ETF (LU) MSCI UK IMI Socially Responsible Ucits ETF
- UBS ETF (LU) MSCI Emerging Markets Socially Responsible Ucits ETF
- UBS ETF-MSCI Pacific Socially Responsible Ucits ETF
- UBS ETF-MSCI Europe & Middle East Socially Responsible Ucits ETF
- UBS ETF-MSCI World Socially Responsible Ucits ETF
- UBS ETF-MSCI North America Socially Responsible Ucits ETF
The MSCI Global SRI Indexes include companies with outstanding sustainability profiles, while excluding companies whose products’ social or environmental impact is considered to be negative by values-based investors. The MSCI Global SRI Indexes rely on leading in-house research from MSCI ESG Research Inc.
“We are delighted that UBS, a leading provider of socially responsible ETFs, has chosen to license the complete family of MSCI Global SRI Indexes. This is a sign of the growing demand from our clients for socially responsible indexes,” said Deborah Yang, head of MSCI’s index business in EMEA and South Asia.
“With this series of socially responsible ETFs, investors benefit as shareholders of companies that meet the highest environmental, social and corporate governance criteria amongst their peer groups without sacrificing returns. In tracking MSCI’s high quality benchmark indexes, we are able to provide investors with transparent, cost-efficient access to SRI-screened companies,” said Thomas Merz, Head of UBS ETF Europe.
The MSCI Global SRI Index family includes the MSCI ACWI, MSCI World, MSCI Emerging Markets and MSCI UK IMI SRI Indexes.