Pine Bridge Investments
PineBridge Investments, the US$88.6bn, New York-based asset management division of Hong Kong’s Pacific Capital Group, has named Petra Lugones Targarona, pictured left, to head up its German business, as it prepares to open a new office in Munich.
She joins PineBridge Investments from Macquarie Investment Management, where she was head of its institutional business in Germany. In her new role at PineBridge, she will continue the company’s expansion into the German institutional and intermediaries market.
Withers LLP, the London-based international law firm, has promoted eight of its team to partner.
• James Dougherty, who is based in Greenwich, Connecticut, and advises on estate planning and administration, probate matters and litigation arising from trust and estate succession issues;
• Lian Fang, who is based in New York, and advises on wealth planning matters, often working with multi-generational families, particularly in Asia, to assist them with transferring their wealth to younger generations;
• Eva Farkas-DiNardo, also based in New York, who advises clients on personal and business tax planning across international borders, including pre-immigration planning for those moving to the US, as well as voluntary disclosure and audits in relation to tax;
• Theda Fisher, who provides corporate immigration advice to a wide range of US and foreign businesses, and personal immigration advice, and who is based in New York;
• Elliot Galler, who advises US domestic and multi-national businesses and high-net-worth individuals on the tax implications of investing in the US and abroad, as well as providing tax advice on M&A transactions, again from Withers’s New York offices;
• London-based Stephen Nerland, who advises US nationals based in the UK on their US tax and estate planning, as well as advising non-US individuals on tax planning ahead of moving to the US, and advising on on US tax compliance and disclosure programmes generally;
• Jaime McLemore, based in London, who advises US nationals based in the UK on their US tax and estate planning and compliance, as well as advising both individuals and organisations on charitable giving; and
• Vasiliki Yiannoulis, who advises individuals and corporate investors on commercial real estate projects, including advice on debt financing and other lending transactions, also out of New York.
These appointments follow the promotion to partner of eight Withers lawyers in Hong Kong, the UK and the US last July.
Founded in 1896, Withers LLP is headquartered in London, and has offices there as well as in New York, NY; Greenwich and New Haven Connecticut; Los Angeles and Rancho Santa Fe, California; Geneva and Zurich, Switzerland; Milan and Padua, Italy; Hong Kong; Singapore; Tokyo; the British Virgin Islands; and Melborne and Sydney, Australia. It specialises in tax, trust and estate planning, as well as litigation, employment and family law.
Premier Assurance Group
Premier Assurance Group, the Coral Gables, Florida-based, internationally-focused insurance products provider, has named Lorraine A Jimenez vice president of group benefits, a newly-created position at the company.
Jimenez, pictured left, comes to Premier from World of America Global Partners Inc, where she had been vice president/managing director of corporate sales and client relations, in which role she had been responsible for client retention in the corporate health division, and directed the account management team. Prior to this she was managing director of Crystal & Co’s employee benefits division. Altogether she brings more than 20 years of experience in the international insurance industry to Premier, the company said in a statement announcing her appointment.
At Premiere Assurance, Jimenez will be responsible for overseeing the company’s insurance processes and strategy for its group benefits division.
Carey Olsen, the multi-jurisdictional law firm with a major presence in Jersey and Guernsey, said it has made four senior promotions across its Jersey and London offices, comprising four new senior associates.
The first is Nienke Malan, who is a member of the corporate team in Jersey, and who specialises in cross-border investment and collective investment vehicles, having acted on behalf of many local and international fund managers, real estate investors and financial institutions on transactions with a Jersey connection.
The second new senior associate is Ashley Morrison, also based in Jersey. She specialises in securitisation and structured finance transactions, on behalf of such clients as global investment banks and issuers. Among her projects have been high yield bond issuances and listings with major law firms in London, as well as a number of synthetic securitisations.
Vaishali Gupta has also been named a senior associate. She is based in Carey Olsen’s London office and provides advice from there on Guernsey corporate law, specialising in banking and finance transactions. She “regularly advises corporate and financial institutions on structured finance, financial restructurings and fund related finance transactions, as well as general corporate matters and fund formations”, according to a statement announcing her and the other new senior associates’ appointments.
Nina Silva, the fourth new Carey Olsen senior associate, is a member of the firm’s trusts and private wealth group in London. Guernsey-qualified, she advises high-net-worth clients and trustees with respect to the establishment and restructuring of offshore trusts and foundations, the firm said. She looks after “all aspects of fiduciary law, particularly in relation to contentious and non-contentious trust and probate matters”, Carey Olsen said.
Carey Olsen operates out of eight international offices, and from them advises financial institutions, corporations and private clients on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey. It employs 400 people, including 51 partners and some 200 lawyers.