Switzerland’s UBS Group has agreed to buy a majority stake in Consenso Investimentos Ltda, Brazil’s largest independent multi-family office, in what will be seen as a bet of confidence that better times are coming for the troubled South American country. News of the acquisition came on Tuesday as Brazil’s president, Michel Temer, was facing calls to resign amid a worsening political crisis. Tens of thousands of demonstrators hit the streets of Brasilia, the country’s capital, on Wednesday, and today Temer ordered troops to take charge, in an effort to restore order. The UBS/Consenso d...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes