The Channel Island of Jersey, which has a population of only around 100,000, has become the world’s latest jurisdiction to unveil a tax amnesty – joining the ranks of countries around the world that have moved to take advantage of the threat that a soon-to-take-effect system for automatic exchange of information poses for those who have undeclared financial assets. In a statement posted today on Jersey’s Gov.je website, the island’s Treasury provides details of the new scheme, which is due to run until the end of this year. “This means islanders will be able to tell the Taxes Office i...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes