Malta and Portugal have topped the annual list of most desirable countries for migration in a prestigious survey for bench-marking and measuring the attractiveness of investment migration programmes, carried out by a UK citizenship consultancy. Malta was deemed number one among international jurisdictions when it comes to citizenship-by-investment programmes, essentially schemes that allow one to acquire citizenship in another jurisdiction in return for a minimum investment. And first in the list of countries offering residence-by-investment programmes was another European member stat...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes