International Investment Friday Quiz
Every Friday, we challenge our readers with five financial trivia questions drawn from the financial pages, accreditation organisations, and from readers who share our enthusiasm for the perfectly-conceived quiz question.
To see the answers, go to page 2. To suggest a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. In February of last year, then-newly-elected Greek prime minister Alexis Tsipras – famous for eschewing neckties – said there was one condition under which he would wear a tie cheekily given to him by his Italian counterpart, Matteo Renzi. What was the condition Tsipras stipulated?
2. Name the British billionaire businessman who so famously detests neckties that he describes himself on his main Twitter account as a “tie-loathing adventurer”
3. Around three years ago, ties of a particular colour were said to be flying off of retailers’ shelves. What colour were these ties, and why were they suddenly selling so well?
4. A major offshore advisory firm has a dress code for its male employees – part of its “internal code of conduct” – which stipulates a white, pocket-less shirt, striped tie and dark jacket. Name the company
5. A top US financial industry executive made news when he showed up at the 2013 World Economic Forum in Davos sporting a “fashion look” that he previously had not been known to have adopted.
Who was he, and what fashion trend had he opted for?
(To see the answers to these five questions, go to page 2.)