Cyprus gears up for industry conference highlighting jurisdiction
The 3rd Offshore Investment Conference Cyprus kicks off next week in Limassol, with the jurisdiction looking to highlight its ongoing legislative programme and drive to attract investments from investors globally.
After overcoming the economic crisis, Cyprus is once more highlighting its geographic position combined with an increasingly sophisticated transport and communications system, strong legal and regulatory framework and pro-investment environment as reasons to consider investing there. Foreign direct investment increased sharply in 2016, and year to date figures suggest GDP growth will be around 3%.
The Conference will consider:
- How foreign individuals and investors can benefit from permanent residency in Cyprus
- The Cypriot government’s pro-business legislative programme and its drive to attract the high-tech sector
- What Cyprus is doing to regain its role as an economic performer
- Utilising the effective and transparent tax and legal system to comply with the drive toward transparent investment
- The investment fund industry and the role of Cyprus as a global investment fund and asset management hub
- The landscape of a changing industry – how the persistence of financial flows through offshore financial mechanisms can be balanced with the global push towards coherent tax and investment policies
The event takes place 22-23 November at the Amathus Beach Hotel, in Limassol. To view the full programme and list of speakers and partners, click here.